According to the study published in BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (BJOG), levels of biomarkers in the blood of pregnant women can be used to predict which women are at risk of pre-eclampsia. (In medicine, a biomarker is a measurable indicator of the severity or presence of some disease state.)
- The placebo effect can still work, even if people know it's a placebo
- Velcro baby tips
- Is there really a middle-class drinking 'epidemic' in over-50s?
- Home birth
- Family days out
- Study says 'size really doesn’t matter' when it comes to a penis
Buy & Sell
towels bath sheets, christy, brand new, pink, £6 each, £35 for 6
- Antiques and collectables (6)
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (8)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (6)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (10)
- Clothing (14)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (4)
- Furniture and furnishings (36)
- Health, fashion and beauty (5)
- Household and DIY (27)
- Miscellaneous (28)
- Outdoor pursuits (8)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (5)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.