Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting HARINGEY to 80360, or email us
Mehmet Senel sentenced at Old Bailey after pleading guilty to conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.
A man from Tottenham is one of a group of three people sentenced after a Turkish businessman was shot dead.
Mehmet Senel, 24, of Grange Road, Tottenham, was sentenced at the Old Bailey to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.
Senel and the two men from Upper Edmonton had appeared in court in connection with the shooting of Ali Armagan in Tottenham on 1 February 2012.
The Turkish businessman, from Hackney, was pronounced dead at the scene from a gunshot wound to the neck.
Mr Armagan, was apparently a member of the Hackney Turks gang, The Bombacillers, and was targeted by the Tottenham Turks after a series of revenge attacks.
The groups had been fighting since at least January 2009 when the victim's brother had been assaulted in a nightclub in Manor House.
It sparked several other incidents including a number of shootings and arsons including the murder of three more men - innocent Ahmet Paytak, 50, in Holloway on March 22 2009, Oktay Erbasli, 23, in Tottenham on October 2 2009 and Cem Duzgan, 21, in Clapton on October 5 2009.
There had also been a previous attempt to kill Mr Armagan on 8 March 2009.
On the morning of February 1 of last year the victim parked his Audi A8 in, Langham Road, Wood Green, at 2:38pm after taking friends to an appointment nearby.
He remained in the car with another friend but just before 3.30pm two masked men approached the businessman’s car from nearby Graham Road.
One produced a handgun and fired six times at the driver's side of the car before running away.
Mr Armagan staggered from his car before he collapsed on the pavement and died.
A witness told police that after hearing shots he saw the gunman and his accomplice heading towards a Vauxhall Astra parked in Langham Road.
Two men, Younis Sagir, 24, of Wood Green, and Ozan Toprak, 28, of Tottenham, were arrested on 8 March 2012 in connection with Ali Armagan's murder.
However after standing trial they were both acquitted at the Old Bailey on March 7.
The identity of the gunman and his accomplice remain unknown and police are still appealing for witnesses.
Detective Chief Inspector Kenny McDonald, of the Met’sTrident Gang Unit, said: "Mr Armagan was shot in broad daylight near a busy tube station as schools ended for the day.
“Those responsible clearly had no thought for the safety of innocent people in the area and we would urge anyone with further information about the murder of Ali Armagan to come forward and speak to our team.
"Trident, alongside Haringey police, has worked tirelessly to not only solve this murder but reassure the community that we will not tolerate this kind of open gang warfare on the streets of London.
"We will continue to use every resource at our disposal to ensure those responsible or involved in such crimes are brought to justice."
Detective Superintendent Stephen Clayman, in charge of criminal investigations in Haringey, said: "Across the four boroughs of Haringey, Hackney, Islington and Enfield, we engaged with Turkish and Kurdish community representatives about our activities and local Turkish-speaking police officers visited venues within the community to offer support and reassurance.
"We want to ensure that those who carry firearms on our streets are targeted and brought before the courts.
“In Haringey we have recovered on average one gun a month as the result of proactive enforcement tackling gang-related crime.
"Our priority is to ensure public safety on the streets and we will always need public support to do this, especially where organised crime is involved."
Anyone with additional information about this case is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8733 4211 or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.