Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting HARINGEY to 80360, or email us
Dozens of buildings open to public for 2013 Open House Weekend
Dozens of Haringey buildings will see their doors thrown open this weekend as London celebrates its annual Open House Weekend.
Visitors will be able to take a look behind the scenes of buildings from architecturally impressive residential homes to historic local landmarks.
This year’s highlights include:
• The recently refurbished 639 High Road, Tottenham, which has reopened as an enterprise hub after being devastated by fire during the Tottenham riots two years ago.
• Highgate Village’s Linear House, a single-storey home cut into its steeply sloping site.
• Grade II listed Victorian Markfield Beam Engine and House, including the original beam pumping engine.
• Muswell Hill’s Art Deco Odeon cinema, which celebrates its 76th anniversary this year.
• The Old School House, home to Hornsey Historical Society.
• A walking tour of the Tottenham High Road redevelopment sites centred around the Spurs stadium development.
For more information and opening times, visit www.openhouselondon.org.uk
Comments are closed on this article.