Tim Sherwood says that Sandro "isn't good enough" to be selected currently and will have to work hard to force his way back into the side

Haringey Independent: Sandro cuts a frustrated figure on the substitute's bench earlier this season. Picture: Action Images Sandro cuts a frustrated figure on the substitute's bench earlier this season. Picture: Action Images

Tim Sherwood says that midfielder Sandro "isn't good enough" to be selected at the moment and will need to work hard to get back into the side.

Sandro was left out of Spurs' 3-1 win over Fulham on Saturday, the fifth consecutive match that the midfield enforcer has been left out of.

The Brazilian took to Twitter to confirm that he was not injured and afterwards, Sherwood revealed why the 25-year-old had been excluded from the matchday 18 once more.

"What he's stating is correct, he's not selected at the moment," Sherwood told the Daily Mail.

"I don't think he's good enough to be in the side at the minute, when he shows me he's up to the level of the other players he'll be back in the squad.

"I like Sandro as a player but he has to work hard to be back in the side," Sherwood added.

The former Internacional midfielder has made just nine Premier League starts this term, with form and injury both playing a part in his lack of game time.

Sandro's last top-flight start came in the 1-0 defeat by Arsenal on March 16.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree